Monday, October 15, 2012

The Kitty in the Cupboard and Getting Organized!

Okay so I decided that it was time to get the pots and pans cupboard organized. As you can horrifically see from the photos below (can't lie I'm a little embarrassed) our cupboard was pretty much looking like something straight out of hoarders. So I made a plan to tackle that space this past weekend. 



First I took out ALL of the tupperware, lids, pots, pans, baking sheets, random tools and cleaned the entire inside of the cupboard with soap and water.

Hemingway was so excited to mosey around the newly cleaned out cupboard!

 Then I designated what would go where, all of the baking sheets and utensils on the top left and tools on the top right shelf.






 Also, since the shelves don't go all the way lengthwise (weird I know) I bought these nifty stacking shelves to be able to separate and stack the pots and pans, which made it really easy to separate them by size and not have them all be bunched together. I also purchased this great lid divider to keep all of the pan lids and tupperware lids in one organized location.

Stacker shelf
Lid rack
All in all, I am super happy (yes these things make me happy...my friends don't call me Monica Gheller for no reason). Everything now is easy to see and super accessible. Go me! ;)



 What area of your room or home needs a little TLC? I think my next project is the storage closet...oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment