Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I Have to Admit...

go to the gym
Picture




I consider myself to be super meticulous and organized about everything in my life (i.e. endless "to-do" list making, staying on top of scheduling my appointments, making time for myself,  social time, etc. into my daily calendar) however I've realized that I need to stop kidding myself and keep my gym membership because my whole "I'll just work out at home" is a complete joke.

Earlier this month I was highly considering cancelling my gym membership because: I'd save $43 a month, I've been taking a lot of classes at other studios around town (besides my gym) anyway, and NYC parks are my oyster so I should take advantage of the wonderful outdoors and just work out there. But gah, I've probably worked out twice during the week in the last month on top of my usual outdoor runs; I used to go to the gym or a yoga studio at least 5x a week! Also the weather here is getting really cold and I can already tell that I'm going to continue to procrastinate.

Blarg! I have will power with so many things but this...complete fail. Alright, well why break a system if it worked in the first place right? I think the obligation of paying for use of the facilities helped me stay motivated to go to the gym on a regular basis so...back to the gym it is!


How about you all, do you work out at home, a gym, or outdoors and why?

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I like to change it up, but most of my working out is done at home. I'll go for a run once a week just to keep it different. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my post about the recent panel I was on for Giuliana Rancic's event. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fash Boulevard! Thanks for stopping by (sorry it took forever to respond) and I agree changing it up is the key to staying excited and motivated to work out! P.s. I LOVE love Giuliana Rancic I love her personality, show, and all of the work she does with charities, good for both of you!

    ReplyDelete