Monday, May 6, 2013

(Vegan) Munchie Monday: Macaroni and Cheese with Kale

Hey Jude want some Mac n' Cheese?
A few weeks ago I bought the magazine Everyday with Rachel Ray and I'm completely obsessed with all of the amaze recipes inside! I need to subscribe asap! Anywhoos, she had some great vegetarian recipes so I took one and of course veganfied it! Here's the recipe below, enjoy.

Ingredients:

1 lb. of (gluten free) elbows pasta
2 tbsp of (vegan) sour cream
2 tbsp of (vegan) butter
3 handfuls of (vegan) shredded cheese
1 1/2 cups of soy milk
2 cups of chopped kale
1 cup of thinly diced cauliflower
1 tbsp of hot sauce
1 tbsp of dijon mustard
4 cloves of minced garlic

Steps:

First: Boil pasta and stir continually to make sure pasta doesn't stick together.
Second: As pasta is boiling, cut up cauliflower, kale, and garlic then toss into a separate pan. Add butter and cook until the kale is wilted.
Third: Once pasta is cooked, drain and add in all of the wet ingredients, stir for 2 minutes.
Fourth: Add in cooked veggies and add in shredded cheese. Done and done! 
 



+ Also...

*Have you ever thought of starting a Meatless Monday tradition?
*P.S. I know I'm late but I just heard this song today and I'm obsessed.
*Lastly...the Met Gala is tonight! Follow all of the coverage here! Looking forward to seeing all of the amaze fashion, this year's theme is "Punk: Chaos to Couture." I can't wait!

2 comments: