Friday, March 1, 2013

Winter Party Dress Essentials

Yes it's true, winter is still happening and even though some people around the world are enjoying wonderful weather however for us New Yorkers our winter days are still full of cold wind, rain, and upcoming snow! Well, this weekend is my froomie's birthday party (friend + roomie) so I wanted to talk about what are some realistic and adorbs winter party dress essentials while it's still cold.

Fortunately there are a plethora of splurge and steal options out there and here is my roundup below:


Get a fab dress. Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean that you have to wear long sleeve-everything! This DVF dress gives hints of Spring with the beautiful blush colored pink.



If you've been paying attention to the runways or what Joe Zee, creative director of Elle, has been fancying, black and in white dresses are not only in but everywhere (hello Oscar dresses!) This Zara dress does a great job of covering a little bit more up and playing into the black/white trend.
Prabal Gurung for Target. This dress. Enough said.
Layer up! I wear dresses for about 90% of the year and I've found that the only way to keep up my dress addiction when it's chilly is to layer up! Gap has so many great cardigans to put over your dress that will still show off your party attire.
Keep layering! Putting a chic blazer on top of your dress and cardigan will not only keep you warm but also keep you looking sexy and feminine. LC Lauren Conrad for Khol's has some great options.
Pair your look with the proper coat. The other day my friend Corinne called her long puffer coat the "I'll never get laid again coat." Trust me looking chic and staying warm is a constant challenge for me and everyone who lives in a super cold climate but investing in a sleek and warm coat will do the job and have you not looking like a marshmallow. I'm in love with this one from J.Crew.
Here's another great coat option from ModCloth.
Tights tights baby! Wearing tights are just essential to allowing you to wear a dress in the winter and staying warm. Gap has so many great colored, patterned, and solid options.

 Now go out and par-tay! Have a great weekend loves.

4 comments:

  1. Nice this Pics!
    I wait for you for A DETOX POST!!

    See you soon Darling!


    Kisses from Rome

    Federica
    smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Federica! I lived in Rome last summer and miss it so much! I was close to stazoni Termini.

      Delete
  2. My friend has those tights! They are so fun.

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete