Monday, February 25, 2013

Setting the Perfect Bubble Bath {My Current Obsession!}




Lately I've been really into taking bubble baths every weekend to decompress and I've become just so enamored lately with how I can possibly make each bath better than the last. As I've grown in my bubble bath endeavors I've learned a few things about how to make them super relaxing, enjoyable, and well fun. Take a peek below:

1. Choose your favorite bubble bath scent. One of the many perks of setting my own bath is that I can add mixes of  different salts to address my body's needs. Sore muscles? Adding a bit of sea salt or Epson salt helps. Dry skin? Add natural oil. Stressed out? Try a calming scent like vanilla or (my personal fav) lavender.
      Try: Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Dream Bath in lavender vanilla or my other favorite
              Aveeno's Shower and Bath Oil in lavender.

2. Get a great exfoliating loofah. I just got this great exfoliating loofah and it just feels like it really helps scrub away dead skin as well as leaving my skin feeling refreshed.

3. Get a bathtub pillow. Buying one has up the ante on my bath experiences, trust me not having to rest my head on my hard tile or bathtub made it easy to lay back and relax; definitely worth the investment.

1

4. Grab your favorite read. As cliche as it sounds there's just something so relaxing about bringing a mag into the tub and mulling it over surrounded by bubbles. Take part in the cliche people, I'm telling you there's nothing quite like reading over the latest issue of Elle or Oprah Magazine while being surrounded by bubbles and soothing scents. However as I've learned the hard way - paper magazines and water don't mix so invest in a bathtub reading caddy. Check  this one out, it even holds a wine glass! Love!

5. Turn off the lights, light up the candles. Need I say more? Here are some of my favorite scents.

6. Set the music. Gawd this is starting to sound like the opening to an episode of Melrose Place but come on you can't just can't take a bath without humming along to your favorite tunes. I personally love listening to Michael Buble to get me in the relaxing mood. That or LMFAO of course. Hehe.

Now go and take a soothing bath, trust me honey you deserve it.

*Check these colored bath drops how fun! Pink bubbles? Yes please.  

*Why Have Baths Disappeared Down the Plughole? (Daily Telegraph)

*Surprising health benefits of taking a bath; interesting read.


2 comments:

  1. Seriously with you on this one. Baths are my FAVORITE. In a few months we'll have a home and I can resume my bath taking and relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes take a weekly bath should be required for everyone! Hehe, also congrats on the new home! That's soooo exciting! Time to decorate!

      Delete