Monday, February 18, 2013

One Word: Spanx.

Hello blog buddies, I've been a little M.I.A I know. This new year has been a little bananas as far as trying to set an even more balanced routine for myself especially since work has been uber busy! I hope your Valentines Day was wonderful. I got a lot of roses from loved ones and had a great dinner with girlfriends at Dino BBQ. However I think my favorite part of Valentines Day was when one of my students came up to me in the early morning hollering "Miss Ramirez, today is book club right? Man I love Thursdays!"
1

Anyway now lets get into it, do any of you wear Spanx? Hehe, I know random question right but I've been hearing how a lot of women wear them and just rave about them. The other day I bought this dress from Anthropologie and it looked great (if I say so myself) but I still wanted it to look more structured so I popped into another store and bought some Spanx. Yes, that's right I've entered womanhood?? Okay all joking aside I now see why women love to love them or love to hate them. They can make you feel "grandma-ish" and "unfeminine" however to me if it makes a dress look well structured then why not?




My Ma has been wearing them for years and she loves them, she has all kinds as well, long ones, short, and full body. I'm tellin' ya girl is on her Spanx game. Also many celebs say that they don't know what they'd do if Spanx were not there to give them some support- literally. The shape wear has become so popular that there is even Spanx for men, pregnant women, swimsuits, and active wear! I mean there must be some reason why founder Sara Blakeley's business grew from $5,000 to over a billion in such a short time span, right? However I'd like to know, what do you think about shape wear? Have you worn them? Do you feel that they're sending the wrong message? Or do you just love them? 

*An interesting article on Spanx founder Sara Blakeley.

*Are Spanx good or evil?

*Buy Spanx here.

4 comments:

  1. I don't see how anything that makes a woman feel better about herself in clothes could be considered evil. ;) I dont' own any spanx but I bet they work magic in a tight dress!

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, I completely agree. For a long time I had preconceived notions about them but at after buying a pair I realized that it was all just hearsay and they made the dress feel better so why not! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Spanx are great! I don't wear them a ton, but they definitely help out when necessary. Interesting questions to think about though!
    xo,
    Lindsey
    www.themosteligible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, I agree they just make ones outfit look more sleek. Some people argue that they're constricting and send the message that their normal body shape isn't acceptable or womanly. However aren't high heels constricting to walk in as well? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete