Monday, January 12, 2015

2014 & New Resolutions


Can you believe that it's already 2015? We are in the times of Back to the Future people! ;p I look back on this past year with such a sense of appreciation. I appreciate all of the lessons learned from this past year and cherish all of the unconditional love that I was shown by those who care deeply about me. And I feel so thankful to all of those who encourage me in all of the right ways. It can be hard, this life. Beautiful too. Mine is beautiful, mostly, lucky me.


I spent a lot of Christmas break back in California resting, relaxing, reading Wild {such a great story} and thinking about the things that truly make me happy and I have come to the following conclusions that I feel most alive when:

1. I am having a genuine heart to heart conversation with other people.
2. I am outside in nature: hiking, swimming in the ocean, laying in the grass, sitting amongst a flower garden, and just taking in the world around me.
3. Singing my heart out at music concerts.
4. Laughing...a lot.



So this year I plan to nurture all of the things that make me happy. I also plan to focus more on the three R's: Reducing (clutter, nonsense, anxiety, etc), Reusing (things around the apt for other uses, clothes - dear Elvia, stop shopping you have enough clothes, etc.) Recycling (composting, upcycling, etc.). I hope this year brings about a lot of change, it already has! {more on that later}, more lessons learned, more cherished memories, a lot more picture taking, and a lot of surprises. Here's to a new year! 

+ Some memories from 2014!

This moment

My best friend Vanessa from 5th grade announcing to me she's pregnant!


This haircut

Time with these ladies in Williamsburg

Loving weekly walks

My friend Dani getting engaged!!

Slow dancing with Penelope around the apartment

Cancun...I miss you!

Amy getting married!

Loving Chelsea

That moment when a friend is right where you need them. 

Seeing the students graduate!!

Canoeing in upstate NY

My 27th birthday! 

Minneapolis i.e. one of my favorite places on Earth

Dance life

Dear Chicago, I love and miss you...no worry see you soon!

OneRepublic in Indianapolis 

Spending time with these kiddies #FamilyTime

Just jump

Well hello Santa Barbara

New tattoo

My cousin April's birthday

Farewell BBQ

Love. 

Finally getting my snazzy new bike! 


When friend's from Minnesota come and visit! Aimeeeeeee!

Found it!

Ate a lot of these...a lot

Because fall isn't complete without apple and pumpkin picking


Getting my piano and falling deeply in love

Because the holidays call for a lot of d.i.y projects


Dancing and singing to Taylor, per usual

A lovely visit from these two nerds

Ice skating in Bryant Park - how Serendipitous of us ;)

Family time

That moment I realized I do look fly in hats...lol...no really this was a moment 


Reuniting with Tracy my best friend from Jr. High School! 

Karaoke nights are the best nights.

Christmas is coming!

Hosting a crafty holiday party #SnowGlobes

Seeing this fuckin' dreamboat live. I love you JT!

Christmas time in NYC is always so dreamy

That weekend...{more on that later} ;)

My love


Flying homeeeeee! 



Obligatory first stop

Meeting this little guy

Christmas 2014

The Ramirez-Hugen-Merritts are a fun bunch I tell ya 

:)

Playing piano with my Goddaughter Anastasiya

The End. 




No comments:

Post a Comment