Monday, October 22, 2012

Redecorating Sneak Peek- My bedroom!


So for the last few months my roommate and I have been working really hard into making this house a home. We've finished all of the painting around the apartment and now are upgrading pieces and decorating the place which is coming along nicely.

Today I read this interesting quote by decorator extraordinaire Nate Berkus which talked about the deeper connection of how one decides to decorate their home, he states "what we live with and touch each and every day [...] represent what we've seen, who we've loved, and where we hope to go next." I couldn't agree more, I look around our newly fab apartment and I see our deep connection to the places we've traveled to, our connection to art, the people we love, etc. and I think it is so important to surround yourself with warm things like that everyday. So here it is everyone! A sneak peek at our apartment. Every week I'll show one room at a time and this week will be my bedroom (oh la la)  and will all lead up to our fabulous dinner party for the entire reveal so stay tuned!


I've tried to make my room have a romantic- feminine -French country theme. Phew that's a lot of themes!

Bed pillows- I LOVE Owls!

Wall art- Did I mention I love Owls?

Dresser top- Things I love: pictures of friends, Taylor Swift's perfume, NY, Chanel, and...more Owls! P.s. Do you love my baby picture as much as I do? I was such a chubby little kid!

Basket- full of my beloved magazines :)

My door knob- my ballet shoes, NYU tassel from grad school graduation, and a ribbon that I got from the Chanel in Paris = all of which make me very happy as I look at them when I leave my room

Painted accent wall- full of pictures that I love: my family to the left, me with pink hair, and friends from home on the right

Nightstand- pictures, candles, and yoga gear i.e. a hodge podge of stuff
My beloved desk area
Oh hi there clock...


2 comments:

  1. Love the quote in the artwork! Redecorating is so much fun!!

    Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes it has been a lot of fun redecorating the apartment and making it feel cozy. Thanks for stopping by love!

      Delete