Monday, February 2, 2015

Layering up for Winter or Not freezing to death...



I think I'm finally getting to the point where I enjoy Winter weather a lot more. As a Californian the most I ever wore as far as extra layers was a hoodie or a peacoat {but only because I wanted to look cute...it totally wasn't even cold enough for it}. Now that I've been on the east coast for about six years I'm finally getting the hang of layering up properly and not looking, as I like to call it, like a penguin. Here are some of my winter must haves:

Layer One: Tights
I always wear tights under all of my clothes in the balmy winter. I just feel that it really helps to keep me warm. ModCloth has some adorable tights.



Layer Two: Thermals
Thank God for Uniqlo's Heattech thermals! They are so awesome because they absorb moisture as well as retain heat and come in all styles such as long or short sleeve shirts leggings or tights. I have many pairs and love love love them.



Layer Three: Undershirt / Shirt
To help keep my cold black heart warm I wear an undershirt or shirt. It helps keep me warm on those super chilly days and it's cute to have a little part of my printed top show under a sweater.



Layer Four: Sweater
I have really stocked up on cute sweaters in the past two years. Like it or not winter is sweater weather so might as well wear some lovely threads. J.Crew and Gap have a plethora of cozy sweaters for winter.



Layer Five: Jacket or Coat
Every winter I want to get a new coat and every winter I realize I'm being ridiculous lol. I've stayed faithful to my Uniqlo coat and North Face jacket for a few years, so I'd suggest having a jacket for the  dear God it's freezing but I don't want to look like a marshmallow is crucial and a warm coat for the it's cold and I want to look adorable is also important because...duh. ;p

                                   Here I am wearing my beloved coat with the REAL Matt Laur

                                            But also here's the coat but in a different color

Layer Six: Extras- Hats, Scarves, Mittens, Smart Wool Socks, and Snow Boots
I have an entire drawer dedicated to my winter extras, I know excessive...I'm trying to cut down!!! My Minnesotan friend introduced me to Smart Wool socks and I have never looked back, they help keep my feet so toasty. I also just purchased these awesome Sperry snow boots and their fleece lining are a godsend.






No comments:

Post a Comment