Wednesday, February 26, 2014

D.I.Y Painted Tote Bags


How's everyone doing? Hasn't this winter felt so long and endless? Well to help cure my winter blues I've been doing a lot of painting and a lot of d.i.y. projects. One of my favorite for sure was the tote bags that I made. They came out so wonderful {if I do say so myself}. Below are the steps to help make these puppies. I hope it gets warmer soon but until then I'll just do some more painting



Materials Needed:

- 1 plain tote bag
- washi tape or duck tape
- 1 ruler
- Desired paint pens {I like these}
- 1 pencil



Steps:

1. Decide what you want the design on the bag to be, I went here for a lot of great d.i.y tote bag inspiration.



2. For the same stripe design as mine, mark where you'd like to paint on your first strip and place the tape above that line.


3. Then continue to leave a half of an inch of space between painted spaces.


4. Then paint in the spaces where the tape is not placed. I'd recommend to paint the space at least twice so the color really bleeds through the fabric. 


5. Set to dry for about 5 minutes and then remove the tape. You are done!! :)

+ Here's the other tote bag that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment