Monday, June 24, 2013

(Vegan) Munchie Monday: Peach and Blueberry Popsicles


Hey loves, this weekend was just lovely. I spent Saturday in Williamsburg, or as I call it - the Burg, moseying around the Renegade Craft Fair. I got really inspired by a lot of the jewelry there and bought a dainty little heart ring; I'm obsessed with hearts lately as you can see. I also saw Sofia Coppola's new film, The Bling Ring, and let me tell you that shizz was awesome. I expected it to be mediocre but it was actually really suspenseful and the cinematography was a feast for the eyes; oh and the soundtrack is really good. Anyway, on to more serious business...popsicle making! I bought this popsicle maker a few weeks ago and I finally tried it out. I made some all natural and uber delish peach and blueberry popsicles and here's the recipe below. Enjoy because it's finally SUMMER! #PopsicleSeason


Ingredients:

1 cup (organic) blueberries
1.5 cups (organic) peaches
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut water
**popsicle molds or this awesome Zoku popsicle maker



Recipe:

1. Wash peaches and berries and cut up peaches into halves.

2. Pour 2 cups of water into a saucepan and boil, toss in fruit, sugar, and allow the fruit to cook for about 10 minutes or until the water simmers.

3. Once cooked, strain the fruit and put the mushy fruit into a blender and add the coco water. Blend.

4. Lastly, pour the mixture into the molds and freeze (4 hours for regular molds) or 7 minutes with the Zoku maker! - Enjoy! :)  <3 <3 <3   (<< these are hearts, I'm telling you I'm obsessed...)




2 comments:

  1. oh my... that looks so good :O and way easier than I thought!!! This is something for summer time ^_^... Just... waiting for it to begin..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy right? You'll love how they come out. :)

      Delete