Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I Made Baked Potato Cakes + Homemade Avocado Aioli!

1

 This past Mother's Day I was feeling a bit homesick as I wasn't able to be with my Ma and family on the day so I decided to spend the majority of the day cooking up some yummy food and dessert (I also made lemon bars!) to help cure my homesickness. It helped...a lot. ;) Anyway here's the recipe below if you'd like to try making it. :)



Crispy Potato Cakes + Homemade Avocado Aioli

Cakes:

Ingredients-
- 1 lb of small purple potatoes
- 2 tbsp evoo
- Generous amount of sea salt and pepper
- Garlic powder, for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced

Aioli:
-1 large avocado, halved and pitted
-1 tbsp of minced garlic
-1/2 tbsp lemon juice
-1/4 cup soy-free Veganaise
-sea salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Add potatoes into a large pot and cover with potatoes. Place on stove top, turn heat on high and let boil for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the avocado aioli. Add garlic, avocado, lemon, veganaise, salt, and pepper into a food processor or just mash together with a fork in a bowl until creamy texture. 
3. When potatoes are ready, grease baking sheet then place on baking sheet and flatten with a mug or measuring cup.
4. Drizzle potatoes with seasonings generously and evoo.
5. Roast potatoes for 25 minutes, remove and sprinkle chopped parsley, more sea salt, and pepper.
6. Drizzle aioli (I put mine into a sandwich back to make it easier) and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment