Thursday, November 1, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy

Things have been a little out of sorts since hurricane Sandy has hit here in NY, I spent most of yesterday finally getting out of the apartment to stock up on groceries and run errands. Again I feel very fortunate that there wasn't any real damage in my neighborhood however seeing the footage and pictures of Staten Island, downtown Manhattan, and other places has me in awe. I hope everyone is okay and I hope everyone can return to normalcy soon. In times like these it's important to remember what we should be grateful for even though for some it may not feel that way. Here is what's making very grateful and happy at the moment:

The smell of lavender just makes me feel so warm and happy inside. I took this picture of bunches of lavender when I was in Santa Barbara, CA a short time ago and the store owner looked at me funny, it's the little things...
This picture of Joy Cho and I for her latest book "Blog Inc." which has a lot of fabulous advice for bloggers! She was so sweet and empowering.
This picture of Josh, Naomi, and I from the blog Rock Star Diaries at Joy Cho's book signing.  I started following their blog a few months ago and I'm hooked! They exude so much love and I'm happy they moved back to NYC!

This grainy picture of my family and I ichatting, we now try to make a weekly habit of having 1 conversation via ichat and it makes me so happy to see all of my family back in California!

This picture I took while moseying around Columbus Circle one afternoon a few weeks ago. That day just felt so "fall-y" (is that even a word??) just walking around with a pumpkin spice latte, my favorite lipstick on, and taking in midtown made me smile for the entire day.

Took a bubble bath by candlelight, listened to jazz music, and read my O Magazine. Can you say complete bliss? (P.s. Not an actual picture of my feet in a bubble bath, come on I have some decorum! cough...

*Hilarious clip from F*R*I*E*N*D*S of Chandler enjoying a bubble bath, it just never gets old.

Tomorrow I'm posting the weekly picture of the redecorated apartment, you'll see our fab updated kitchen. So excited to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment