Monday, April 27, 2015

From Italy, With Love

This past winter break my friend and I went to Italy in search of eating a lot of great food, drinking a lot of great wine, seeing some great sites, and having some great conversation. I rarely travel abroad with friends so it was really nice to have a companion at all times as I  experienced the magical world of northern Italy. We had one week to see all the things! So we decided to spend a few days in Florence (my favorite), Bologna, and Venice. Here are some photos from our travels.

Spending Valentine's Day in a plane! Italy or bust!

Because when you fly to Milan you must go to a craft installation 


Dogs of Florence...

A little bit of Brooklyn right here in Florence

Clock towers galore!

I wonder if my head fits...

it was cold

Because all public art should be admired

Look ma a huge....statue 


After six hours of walking we decided to go up to plaza di Michelangelo, it was a LONG trek up a hill, so of course I decide that we must hitch hike and this lovely man Antonio picked us right up and took us to the top. I told him I'd take a picture of him just in case my mom needed to know who tried to kill me lol. Fortunately he was very nice. 




Made it to the top of Piazza di Michelangelo! 

My head does fit!


lol


Duomo!!!! 

This isn't really Italy related...I was just having a really great hair day! 

Galleria Ufizi, let the art appreciation begin!





Looking out to Florence at night. So dreamy...







And now onto Bologna...

Where there were cats everywhere...



That gelato life

Found a keyboard at a cafe, any requests?



Modern art makes me emo

Venice!!! 

This pretty much sums up how helpful the maps where as we tried to get around...

I touch any bell you hear! 


Canal livin'


I really wanted to take this dog home


Dear Me, Oh how I love Katy Perry! 

This dad next too me probably danced harder than I did, so adorable. 




Good bye Italy, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment