Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Yes Please

1

Hello all! I hope everyone is staying warm in these chilly temperatures! New York is cold but oh so lovely this time of year! Anyway what are you all reading these days? I finished Gone Girl a few weeks ago, so good, and picked up Amy Poehler's book Yes Please. And let me tell you her book is just wonderful. So full of life, wisdom, and wit.  

One of my favorite passages so far from her book is when she talks about the importance honesty in her life 

   I've grown tired of smoke and mirrors. I yearn for the clean well-lighted place. So let's peek 
   behind the curtain and hail the others like us. The open-faced sandwiches who take risks and
   live big and smile with all of their teeth. These are the people I want to be around. This is the
   honest way I want to live and love and write

And I couldn't agree more. Amy if you ever read this, you're just lovely....just lovely and fierce and honest. Get it girl.

What are you all reading nowadays? 


*Amy Poehler's Smart Girls is #GirlBoss all the way.

*Love this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment