Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Shopping For a Winter Coat


1

Lately I have been on the hunt for a warm and totes adorbs winter coat. Being that New York, and most places, get pretty cold I think it's important to get a coat that has the following 3 things:

Length:

A good way to decide what length your coat should be is to keep in mind the rest of your wardrobe. So if you mostly wear knee-length dresses then don't get a pea coat or a coat that hits you mid-thigh  but one that goes with most of your wardrobe. Also of course keep in mind how cold it gets where you live. 

Make Sure It Closes:
 
Make sure it has buttons, snaps, or zips all the way up. Sure that open front coat looks really nice, but when a snowy breeze blows your way you might as well not be wearing it!

Material:

Always, always try on a coat and gauge if the fabric of the coat is appropriate for the typical winter weather in your area.  For a coat to last, it should be a good quality coat so make sure if you’re buying something wool that it’s always the biggest percentage on the tag and avoid acrylic!

+ Here are some pictures of my coat hunting adventure!

Obsessed with this pale pink poncho from Anthropologie

This coat was warmer but not my fav

I've decided cobalt blue is going to be my jam this winter but I'm still on the fence about this one

+ P.S. I'm day dreaming of this pale pink coat from Club Monaco...it's bananas!

* The 30 most fashionable winter coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment