Monday, September 3, 2012

A New Start...

Hello Everyone!

I'm very excited for this new creative endeavor! For a few months towards the end of my first year teaching I found myself questioning what my passions were and how I could nuture them. Well it turns out I have a lot...no I mean...A LOT of passions: food, travel, literature, fashion, diy, and a deep love for my home New York City.

Then I remembered how much I used to love writing for my college newspaper, The Bottom Line, where I was the lifestyle writer there. Well after much pondering one thing led to another and I decided to create this lifestyle blog. It's very much in the baby stages and there is a lot of work to do still (hello blog interface!) However the full version of the blog should go live by early October.

I want this blog to speak to the experiences 20-somethings are going through as we are all trying to establish ourselves in our careers, community, and identity. Posts such as: how to go more "green", traveling on a budget, entertaining, dating in the city (oh dear), finance advice, fashion choices, etc. is what you will find here. I know this blog will evolve and grow and I hope that you come along for the ride. 

Thanks for taking the time to read and have a wonderful labor day!

P.S. A great article in the New York Times about the price 20-somethings pay to live in the city
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/realestate/14cov.html

P.S.S. My second year of teaching starts in 3 days...eep!

- Elle

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good Elvia! I had a blog once too...then it felt like too much work haha. Can't wait to read more, especially about dating in the city (oh dear is right)

    xoxo,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, yes I remember your blog! Well hobbies evolve ya know and I'm looking forward to interacting with you and everyone more through this format. :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you Elvia! I think you're going to do great!!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Monica for all the support! I can't wait to read your children's book!

      Delete